Award winning bird-scaring device for farmers
RotaBang was designed to overcome the limitations of the conventional crop-scarer that only fires in one direction, protecting one static area. Birds soon become wise to this area and will plunder seed from another quarter of your field. RotaBang is a dynamic solution to this problem and protects your crops from marauding birds with its multi-angle gun. It also has several other ingenious features.
- Portability - RotaBang is fitted with wheels to make moving it easy with either a 4x4 or a quad bike.
- Rugged - RotaBang works in gale force winds. RotaBang will never blow over.
- Green - Powered by wind. A solar panel also ensures battery health is maintained.
- Secure - A cover over the gun, battery and gas bottle secure the contents from theft and damage.
- Reduced nuisance - Unlike a static gas banger, RotaBang’s ability to fire in multiple directions decreases disturbance to local residents.
- Maintenance free operation
Discussions between a Norwich-based farmer and a gamekeeper led to the idea of altering the direction of the gun between bangs. Because the gun fires in random directions it stops habitual behaviour being formed by birds.
A prototype has been running for over three months now (April - June 2009) with great results.
The RotaBang proves the theory that the best ideas are simple ones.
Prototype RotaBang in the field